The tower is one of the best preserved on Naxos, situated on a rise inland overlooking the sea on the way from Naxos Town to Glinado village travelling in the direction of Kastraki, a short distance from Galanado in the Livadi valley.
It is an imposing structure, which belonged to Ieronymos Somarippa, built c. 1600. The location affords superb views of Chora – the capital. This particular tower is privately owned by Michalis Maragkos, it is one of the best-preserved on Naxos and is used as a residence.
Belonias Tower is situated beside the chapel of Agios Ioannis (St. John), which was built in the 13th century. The chapel has two aisles and two churches are housed under its barreled roof. The one aisle is the Orthodox Church while the other is the Catholic church.